The Honor Code of KeepNotes is an important document that has compiled a set of rules designed to govern the process of uploading academic documents. This document reflects the key principles that should be adhered to in the preparation and further publication of academic materials (lecture notes, personal research, and so on) on this website.
The main object these principles apply is the text material to be uploaded to the site. Regardless of size, focus, or subject matter, every academic material is subject to Honor Code regulation. An honor code in academic notes is a set of ethical principles and rules to be followed in preparing and writing them. Thus, the Honor Code we follow is based on several basic principles:
The document's main purpose is to regulate and control the quality of academic materials posted on the site and to support ethical communication between all participants.
Academic integrity is paramount because it helps maintain the credibility and reputation of all those involved in the process, including authors and institutions. Keep Notes academic integrity involves:
- Promoting high standards: supporting a commitment to rigorous academic standards for authentic learning experiences and fair grades.
- Prohibiting academic dishonesty: we emphasize that the document explicitly prohibits actions such as plagiarism or passing off someone else's work as one's own. If such works are detected, they will be immediately rejected or removed.
- Maintaining originality: we value the work of students' notes they take during their studies, supplying them with their conclusions and comments. However, we encourage you to refrain from using materials from other teachers, students, or universities (notes, presentations, recordings of lectures). They contain signs of copyright (the logo of the educational institution or the material was previously uploaded on another site).
- Supporting intellectual property: we consider it unacceptable to use someone else's work, using materials from open sources is permissible. Remember that intellectual property is protected by copyright. If you attempt to produce a machine translation of a work from another language, we will be forced to reject it.
We allow you to use various sources to create your outline, but we insist that it must result from your intellectual work. Let’s acknowledge the ideas, research, and contributions of others!
The Principle of Responsibility implies that the author is 100% responsible for their work. Our Honor Code protects intellectual work by adhering to the principles of ethics. The principle of responsibility implies:
- Controlling the materials. You should not use university materials to create a note. They may serve as a source of information, which should be checked and analyzed. The same applies to working with KeepNotes: only the work written by you should be uploaded to the service.
- Checking the sources of information. When adding information to their note, the author should carefully check whether the source of information is sufficiently expert, reliable, and verified.
- Copyright protection. Unauthorized materials such as test questions, solutions, or copyrighted materials should not be shared or distributed. By publishing work on the site, you confirm that you are the author responsible for the provided information.
- Preserving uniqueness. Artificial Intelligence (AI) brings many benefits when working with large data sets. We encourage you not to upload fully AI-generated work to the site.
The Honor Code promotes a respectful and inclusive environment where all users are treated with dignity and fairness. The principle of respect in the preparation of academic work involves:
- Respect for others. Using aggression, judgment, and mockery of people of another culture, religion, or nationality is unacceptable in one's work.
- Harassment in any form is unacceptable. Any harassment, discrimination, or disrespectful behavior toward others will be removed.
- Demanding information sources. Currently, we accept works from the USA, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and the United Kinkdom, paying attention to the authority of educational institutions. Materials for publication are accepted in English only.
- The ethics of expressing one's opinion. We support freedom of opinion and provide opportunities to express it. However, we also strictly ensure that all users can express their opinions without hurting feelings.
Thus, the Honor Code principle of respect aims to remind us of the importance of ethical attitudes in order, among other things, to foster a fertile environment for meaningful discussion, the exchange of ideas, and contributions to collective learning.
It is motivated within the framework of academic integrity and the specific guidelines of the platform or institution. Thus, it allows users to engage in meaningful discussions, exchange ideas, and contribute to collective learning.
KeepNotes Honor Code implies a perfectly clear and immediate reaction in case of violations.
- Fast response: We closely monitor the service situation and are ready to respond to members when unethical treatment is detected. You can report misconduct to us online.
- Full confidentiality: Any conflicts are resolved between members without exposing them to the public. It respects the privacy of the reporting and the accused party, so they come forward without fear of retaliation or condemnation.
- Appropriate actions: This may include investigations, disciplinary measures, or educational activities designed to correct behavior and reinforce the principles of academic integrity among all users.
- Mandatory moderation: We care about the quality of each material published on the site. Therefore, please note that the text will undergo several checks before publication. Moderation time may vary.
- Handling each violation and conflict individually: Measures taken primarily aim to correct the violation.
Each participant is required to study the Honor Code. Publishing your work on the site automatically confirms that you understand the rules and principles voiced and accept them fully and completely. Compliance with the Honor Code's principles is obligatory for each user.